Dixons Carphone Race to the Stones 2018 – Participant Information Hub
Monthly emails – Here’s a recap of the emails we’ve sent you:
If you are not receiving these emails, please check in your ‘Junk’ or ‘Clutter’ folders in your inbox. We would also recommend adding the address firstname.lastname@example.org to your email contacts, to ensure you receive all the emails we send you.
February: Let the training commence!
July (1): Check out the Live Event page!
July (2): Good luck and important information
July (3): Final key reminders
Useful Information – Find all the useful documents and links on the Race here:
- Event info guide
- An important note for the racers
- Event rules and regulations
- Recommended kit list
- Bib Numbers and Start Times – list updated 10/07/2018
- Please note: we are now posting our race packs out in advance. These were sent out on Tuesday, 3rd July, so should be with you in the week leading up to the challenge. If you do not receive your pack before you need to leave for the event, do not panic! We will have spares you can collect from us on the day.
- Event Information Booklet
Cutting out single-use plastics
Volunteer on the event
You will have selected your start time when you registered. To find this time please check your confirmation email.
Guide to PR coverage
We know that lots of you have fantastic stories and are in touch with your local newspapers and radio stations. Therefore, we have put together some guidelines to help you achieve the most effective coverage. Please click here for these guidelines.
- Click here to explore a range of exclusive discounts and offers available to you.
Training – Read some great tips and advice for taking on the Race:
- 10 tips for winter running
- The newbies guide to ultramarathons
- How to properly cool down after a workout
- Nutrition tips – Running
- Nutrition tips – Walking
- Nutrition tips on fuelling your challenge – blog by Portia Rees-Jones
- Blister care guide
- Blister medical kit list
- Hydration techniques for an ultra marathon
- 10 ultra marathon tips
- To stretch or not to stretch
- Training and planning – Walking
- Ultra-running hydration facts
- How to tackle the terrain of The Ridgeway